Monday, 17 November 2008

He's Been!

Santa came early this year and he's left me a shiny new download of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Yes that's right! It's finally here.

If you have access to PartnerSource, you can download it from the NAV 2009 Download Page.

I installed it on my home machine which is running Vista Home Premium with no SQL Server installed and I didn't really expect it to install. I ran the demo install and it just worked - it installed SQL 2005 Express, all the bits and created the demo database. I started the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services service and the web services just worked!

Coolest thing for me? The date picker in the RoleTailored client on Vista is just so nice with animated zooming and swooshing and stuff. Nice!

Well done Microsoft NAV Product Group! This is a truly awesome version. I'm sure you feel like a well deserved rest after such a long haul.

No comments: