Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Where did my Web service go?

I was recently playing around with Codeunit Web services in NAV 2009 and after making a change which involved adding a function to my Codeunit, the Web service was no longer available for me to call.

I brought up the list of the services on my computer (http://localhost:7047/DynamicsNAV/ws/Services) and it was still showing in the list, but when I entered the URL for the actual Web service WSDL, I got an error.

It turns out, the reason was because one of the functions I had added to my Codeunit took an Automation object as a parameter. If you get this problem, the thing to do is bring up the properties for the function and set the Local property to Yes. Once that is done, the offending Function is hidden from the Web service and normality is restored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pls go through this blog and tell me tips to implement more